Bible Adventure program
The National Council on Crime and Delinquency did a study on Released Time classes that found the following:
- A comparative review of all 4th and 5th graders involved in this program perform better than their classmates as a whole in almost every category.
- Released Time students improved after one year in literacy skills in three categories: comprehension, spelling, and vocabulary.
- The program also provides youth with strong adult mentorship and bonding, and reinforces positive moral and character development in an environment where teachers and administrators struggle with unruly students.
What is the Bible Adventure program?
- A legal state-approved program that allows public school students to be dismissed from school for Biblical education.
- Not affiliated in any way with or sponsored by the school district.
- Begins at the 3rd grade level.
- Free to participants.
- Held off school property, and children are transported or walked to New Creation Community.
- Parental permission required.
New Creation Community Church started it all 26 years ago, the first Bible Release Time in York County, as we engaged a relationship with Leib Elementary to release 3rd through 6th graders for bible study and supportive faith-centered fellowship. NCCC sees about 30 students every Wednesday at 10 am who learn along with their adult “listeners.”