New Creation Community Church is a Stephen Ministry congregation.
To receive care from a Stephen Minister
To become a Stephen Minister
Call or email us at 717-764-0252 or email@example.com and ask to speak with Stephen Ministry Leader, Joan Concilio.
What is a Stephen Minister?
One way to put it is that Stephen Ministers are the After People.
Stephen Ministers are there…
- after the phone call you hoped you’d never get.
- after the divorce papers are served and the bottom falls out of your life.
- after the funeral, when everyone has left and the emotions you’ve held at bay come crashing in on you.
- after the doctor says, “I’m sorry, but there’s nothing more we can do.”
- after the nursing home director shakes your hand and says, “Welcome to your new home.”
- after the last child honks the horn, waves, and drives away – and the house suddenly seems empty.
- after the gavel goes down, the handcuffs go on, and your loved one is led away
- after the baby arrives, demanding more of you than you ever dreamed possible.
- after you find a pink slip in your final paycheck.
- after your family and friends have heard your story one too many times, but you still need to talk it out.
Stephen Ministers are the “After People.” They are ready to come along side you – or your friends, neighbors, coworkers, or relatives – and provide comfort and support for as long after as needed.
Have you ever Thought about Becoming a Stephen Minister?
We will soon be training another class of Stephen Ministers, Stephen Ministers work alongside our pastors to care, encourage, and provide emotional and spiritual support to people who are going through a difficult time, such as divorce, grief, hospitalization, unemployment, terminal illness, relocation, chronic illness, or loneliness. If you have gifts for caring, encouragement, and listening, please begin to prayerfully consider whether you might want to be part of this exciting ministry. If you think you might be interested, talk with one of our Stephen Ministry Leaders: Joan Concilio or Barb Cleaver,
Stephen Ministers are trained, confidential caregivers.
Stephen’s Ministry will be meeting on the third Monday of each month. Their next meeting will be at 6:30 p.m.